Commitment in Relationship
Are you a steadfast bachelor or bachelorette? Do you value the freedom that being single provides? There’s a good chance you have beliefs about commitment that aren’t true. If you’re brave enough to examine those beliefs, commitment might sound more appealing.
A committed relationship isn’t the right choice for everyone, but many singles harbor negative attitudes about relationships that aren’t justified.
Examine your beliefs regarding these common relationship myths:
1. Being in a committed relationship results in less freedom. This is true. You have fewer choices in certain areas of your life. For example, you lose the option of pursuing other romantic relationships. You also might be forced to spend every other Thanksgiving with the in-laws.
· But consider the freedoms you gain. You no longer have to search for a mate or more bad dates. No more spending countless hours online searching dating profiles. No more wondering if the other person will call the next day.
· You may have more financial freedom by adding a second income to your financial situation. You always have a ride if your car is in the shop. You have someone to share the housework.
· If you choose wisely, you gain a lot of freedom by being in a committed relationship.
2. A relationship leads to boring routine. Couples fall into routines, but that routine doesn’t have to be boring. It might seem boring to a single person, but sitting on the couch watching old movies with the love of your life isn’t a bad way to spend an evening. It beats surfing the internet alone.
· What is your current routine? Is it enjoyable, or comfortable?
3. Commitment is giving up. Settling down isn’t the same as settling. It’s unnecessary to sacrifice your needs or dreams to be part of a relationship.
· Figure out what you want. Then figure out what your partner wants. If those things can coexist, commitment isn’t an issue. You can keep your uniqueness and your dreams. The other person’s uniqueness and goals make life even more interesting.
4. You can force someone to commit to you. There’s no way to force someone else to want to be with you. You might force a commitment in the short-term, but your partner will look for a way out. You’ve only received a commitment because the prospect of being alone is too scary, not because the prospect of being with you is so appealing.
· You will have a relationship that contains resentment. Resentment is like a slow-acting poison to a relationship.
5. Commitment is a one-time event. Commitment is a daily exercise. Create your relationship with your partner daily. As soon as you do not put energy into it, it dies.
6. Committed relationships are supposed to be perfect. Nothing is perfect. A commitment doesn’t guarantee perfection. All relationships have challenging times. Anything that involves two people will have tough moments. Those challenges provide an opportunity to grow and strengthen your relationship.
Falling in love can be easy. A relationship is more difficult, but that doesn’t mean it’s the wrong choice. Believed myths regarding relationships keep too many people on the sidelines. Most people find life more enjoyable and meaningful when it’s shared with someone else. Think about your beliefs regarding relationships. Are they holding you back?
Commitment in Relationship- More Resources
I like to think that I am an optimist. Most of the time, my first reaction is to assume that things will work out in the end – even if I’m not sure how. One challenge that I’ve faced in my 13-year marriage is that I think my husband tends to be more of a pessimist, especially when challenges come up at work.
The word commitment is bandied around an awful lot, and fear of commitment is something that everyone talks about nowadays. On the other hand, some people use the term far too lightly, not appreciating what it really means to be truly committed to someone.
7 Steps To Go From A Casual To A Committed Relationship | Turn Your Booty Call Into Your Boyfriend These 12 Texts will Make Him Yours: http://www.bit.ly/MHYText Learn all the secrets to reading men! How To Tell If A Guy Likes You: http://makehimyours.com.au/product/how-to-tell-if-a-guy-likes-you-the-comprehensive-guide/ A dating advice question I get asked a lot by women is “How to go from a casual relationship to a committed relationship?”
We will cover in several resources Healthy Relationship Tips for Couples. Unfortunately though, people today are afraid of true commitments. Instead of entering a relationship intending to stick around no matter what, many people go into relationship with the idea that, “I can always leave if things don’t work out.”
Commitment in Relationship