Cheap Date Ideas- Making it Work
Many of the common ideas of being romantic are expensive, but it doesn’t have to be that way. With a little creativity and planning, anyone can create the perfect romantic get together.
Consider these cheap date ideas to get you started:
1. Take a hike together. There’s nothing better than taking a walk together hand in hand. A hike seems like the perfect opportunity to be alone and talk about life. You can both get in better shape at the same time. Depending upon the location, you could even pick some free wild flowers and hand a bouquet to the love of your life.
2. Pull out the board games. It might not seem romantic to play Monopoly. But what if you had candles, cheese, and a decent bottle of wine?
3. Attend a free fine arts event. Concert tickets and parking fees can be expensive. But check out your local newspapers to find some free festivals. With a little effort, you can find an event you’ll both enjoy. A musical festival, an art show, or poetry reading could be romantic.
4. Find the perfect hole in the wall. Most communities have a quaint, but inexpensive restaurant. The best ones seem to be ethnic, which adds to the charm and romance. An alternative is to cook a romantic dinner together at home.
5. Have a slumber party. Put on your pajamas, make some popcorn, climb in bed, and watch a movie. Not romantic enough? Pick a movie full of romance and pull out the chocolate covered strawberries.
6. Write a love letter. Even in the roughest of financial times, just about everyone has a pen and a sheet of paper. Mail a love letter to your partner’s work or find another way to surprise him with it.
7. Breakfast in bed seems common, but it isn’t. Have you ever had breakfast in bed? They often mention it but many never experience it firsthand. Why not try it?
8. Give each other massages. Nobody can say “no” to a massage. Get a $3 bottle of massage oil and you’re in business.
9. Just say, “I love you.” This is always the least expensive option.
Romance doesn’t have to be about money. It’s about the mood and intention. Try a few of these cheap date ideas and boost the romance in your relationship and your bank account.
Cheap Date Ideas- More Resources
This post may contain affiliate links. If you click and make a purchase, I may receive a small commission, at no extra cost to you. I only recommend products and services I use and love. Thanks for supporting The Little Frugal House! Date nights are so important to have!
Remember when you and your partner used to go on date nights? It used to be so easy — and now it all seems like a distant memory. The good news is that you can always bring date nights back into your routine.
Constantly going out on dates can get pretty expensive, but you still want to make sure that you are keeping the romance alive for a healthy relationship. When funds are starting to get a little low, here are a few cute and affordable dates for you and your partner.
Here’s some advice on first date to help you make sure that you’re taking your relationship where you want it to go. Relax-The more you relax and show that you’re comfortable, the more your date will relax. If you feel like you’re getting nervous or tense, just take a deep breath, relax your shoulder muscles and smile.