Breakup Advice for Men
Despite what you may think, studies show that breakups may be harder on men than on women. Gender expectations still linger well into the twenty-first century. While women cry, call their friends, and eat ice cream, men cover up their feelings. That means they often receive less social support and maybe even fewer desserts.
If you’re a man who is nursing a broken heart, look at these proven tips to help you move on. They’re sure to help you heal faster and prepare for lasting love.
Manly Steps to Take
1. Embrace your feelings. Forget about toughing it out. The first step in managing your emotions is to accept them. You may find you’re feeling sad, angry, and lonely.
2. Talk it out. Now you’ve leveled with yourself, you can share your struggles with family and friends who can support you. Let them know how they can help you.
3. Take responsibility. Maybe your ex-wife had an affair with your best friend and put your dog up for adoption. You’ll still enjoy holding yourself accountable for your role in the relationship so you can identify your strengths and weaknesses.
4. Remove triggers. Clearing out mementos of your time together may reduce the pain. Take her notes off the refrigerator door and box up her shoes until she comes back to collect them. Remove those island vacation photos from your phone.
5. Develop healthy habits. After a divorce, men are more likely than women to neglect their health. Focus on eating nutritious foods and exercising.
6. Fill up your time. Stay busy. An afternoon playing tennis will lift your spirits more than sitting around watching TV and drinking beer.
7. Work on yourself. When you’re feeling stable, you can set new goals. This could be a good time to learn a foreign language or practice Tai Chi.
8. Enjoy being single. Proceed at your own pace. Learning to be happy on your own will help you find a new relationship that fulfills your needs instead of repeating past mistakes. Take a solo vacation in the mountains or master some new recipes.
9. Start dating. Remember that you are worthy of love. Sign up at an online dating site where you can clarify what you’re looking for in a relationship and meet other singles. Practice striking up conversations with interesting strangers at your local coffee shop.
Manly Steps to Take with Your Ex
1. Limit contact. Calling each other daily will interfere with making a fresh start. Try cutting out any unnecessary communications.
2. Stop idealizing. Hollywood movies like to suggest that we have only one soulmate. In reality, there are plenty of compatible singles for you to meet.
3. Respect her privacy. The internet and mutual friends make it easy to monitor what your ex is doing. Resist the temptation to go there. You’ll feel better if you focus on building a brighter future rather than longing for what’s past.
4. Wish her well. The sooner you can feel kindly towards your ex or at least neutral, the quicker you can move on. Remember that forgiving others gives you peace of mind.
Breaking up is hard to do whether you’re a woman or a man. Be brave enough to evaluate your relationship patterns, and strong enough to change them. You’ll soon be on your way to a more satisfying love life.
Breakup Advice for Men- More Resources
When going through a breakup, many of us lack at least two things: perception and empathy. A breakup is a terrible sundering of worlds and if you want to hate your ex and think that they’re moving on to bigger and better things while leaving you in the wastelands, then you can justify it, at least for a while.
One of the main questions I’m asked by guys after a relationship ends is: How do men deal with breakups? This makes sense when one considers most of us don’t like talking about our feelings. As a counselor, I’m given a front row seat to the male mind in the immediate aftermath of a break up.
http://www.BreakupBrad.com/ — How To Get Over A Breakup (Tips For Moving On Quickly And Minimizing Heartache) To begin with, I need to give you a bit of unfortunate news… and that’s that all breakups, regardless of the circumstances, are painful to some degree.
How to Get Over a Breakup Fast Just like the song says “Breaking Up is Hard to Do”, ending a relationship and getting over it is tough. There are many ways to get over a breakup and move on with your life. The right way depends on the person.
Breakup Advice for Men